Mission & Values
The Salvation Army is an International Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. As a result, The Salvation Army Centre of Hope responds to the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of those within our sphere of influence, leading to self-healing and regeneration through supportive, multi-faceted programs.
The Salvation Army Centre of Hope is committed to excellence, empowering those within our sphere of influence to achieve their own New Beginning.
There are three core values of our faith – Salvation, Holiness and Intimacy with God. Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values which guide all aspects of The Salvation Army in Canada & Bermuda.
- Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
- Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons
- Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy, and accountable.
- Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
- Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships
- Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The Centre of Hope further values…
- Holistic Ministry – We believe in the holistic, compassionate care of our clients and staff.
- Leadership – We recognize the unique opportunity that our organization has to be a leader in our community.
- Communication – We promote effective communication between staff and all relevant stakeholders.
- Consistency – We strive to ensure consistency in our service delivery and our interactions with clients and staff.
- People – Our Greatest Asset.