Christmas Hamper Program
It is The Salvation Army’s privilege to help more than 6,600 children in London experience the joy of Christmas every year. Without the support of businesses and citizens of London, we could not meet this special need.
Here is some information that will be helpful to you as you plan your toy drive:
Gifts with a value of up to $50.00 for children up to 12 years of age are needed, however, our greatest need is gifts for infants and babies, and children aged 8 -12. A list of gift ideas is included in the attached sheet.
In addition to toys, we also accept new children’s clothes, hats and mitts.
Monetary donations are also appreciated – cheques should be made payable to The Salvation Army London Christmas Hamper Program.
We are happy to accept new and unwrapped toys at the following locations:
- The Salvation Army Centre of Hope, 281 Wellington Street (access off of Bathurst) at any time (this location is open 24/7).
- The Salvation Army Divisional Headquarters (Monday to Friday, 9 – 4)
- As of December 5th, toys may be dropped off at the Progress Building at the Western Fair District (900 King Street at Rectory), between the hours of 9am-4pm Monday – Friday.
- Every London Fire Hall until December 12th (Open 24/7)
Pick-ups of large volumes of toys can be arranged by calling 519-661-0343 ext. 230 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to the volume of calls we receive, your call may not be returned immediately, however, we will endeavour to return your call within 24 hours.
The Salvation Army Centre of Hope gratefully receives the following items which are shared with individuals/families who access our Food Bank or Men’s and Women’s Hostel:
- Fresh produce that doesn’t require refrigeration (carrots, potatoes, apples, unripe bananas, sweet potatoes and onions)
- Dried beans and legumes (lentils, kidney beans, etc.)
- Brown or white rice
- Peanut Butter and spreads (low/no sugar jams, honey)
- Low sodium soup
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, turkey)
- Oatmeal (plain); low sugar cereal
- Infant formula
- Diapers sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Toiletries (shampoo, tooth brushes and paste etc.) (both full size and hotel size)
- Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, Tissues
- Women’s sanitary supplies
The Salvation Army Thrift Store, located at 1960 Dundas Street E. will be happy to accept clothing and household donations between the hours of 9am-9pm (Monday-Friday), 9-6 (Saturday) and 10-6:00 (Sunday).
For more information on donating goods to them please visit their website: http://www.thriftstore.ca/central-ontario/donating-goods or call 519-451-0178.
If you are interested in making a corporate donation, running a clothing or food drive or donating perishable food, please contact 519-661-0343 ext. 230.
Thank you for your support!
Volunteers are the cornerstone of our work. To be a volunteer in Community and Family Services throughout the year, you must be 18 years or older, available Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 4:00pm and be willing to submit a police check.
Please note that while we appreciate your interest, due to the sheer number of requests we receive, not all inquiries or applications can be replied to.
For Group Volunteering opportunities, please contact Sheryl Rooth, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com