The Salvation Army Centre of Hope gratefully receives the following items which are shared with individuals/families who access our Food Bank or Men’s and Women’s Hostel:
- Fresh produce that doesn’t require refrigeration (carrots, potatoes, apples, unripe bananas, sweet potatoes and onions)
- Dried beans and legumes (lentils, kidney beans, etc.)
- Brown or white rice
- Peanut Butter and spreads (low/no sugar jams, honey)
- Low sodium soup
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, turkey)
- Oatmeal (plain); low sugar cereal
- Infant formula
- Diapers sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Toiletries (shampoo, tooth brushes and paste etc.) (both full size and hotel size)
- Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, Tissues
- Women’s sanitary supplies
The Salvation Army Thrift Store, located at 1960 Dundas Street E. will be happy to accept clothing and household donations between the hours of 9am-9pm (Monday-Friday), 9-6 (Saturday) and 10-6:00 (Sunday).
For more information on donating goods to them please visit their website: http://www.thriftstore.ca/central-ontario/donating-goods or call 519-451-0178.
If you are interested in making a corporate donation, running a clothing or food drive or donating perishable food, please contact 519-661-0343 ext. 230.
Thank you for your support!
Volunteers are the cornerstone of our work. To be a volunteer in Community and Family Services throughout the year, you must be 18 years or older, available Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 4:00pm and be willing to submit a police check.
Please note that while we appreciate your interest, due to the sheer number of requests we receive, not all inquiries or applications can be replied to.