The Salvation Army Centre of Hope gratefully receives the following items which are shared with individuals/families who access our Food Bank or Men’s and Women’s Hostel:
- Fresh produce that doesn’t require refrigeration (carrots, potatoes, apples, unripe bananas, sweet potatoes and onions)
- Dried beans and legumes (lentils, kidney beans, etc.)
- Brown or white rice
- Peanut Butter and spreads (low/no sugar jams, honey)
- Low sodium soup
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, turkey)
- Oatmeal (plain); low sugar cereal
- Infant formula
- Diapers sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Toiletries (shampoo, tooth brushes and paste etc.) (both full size and hotel size)
- Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, Tissues
- Women’s sanitary supplies
The Salvation Army Thrift Store, located at 1960 Dundas Street E. will be happy to accept clothing and household donations between the hours of 9am-9pm (Monday-Friday), 9-6 (Saturday) and 10-6:00 (Sunday).
For more information on donating goods to them please visit their website: http://www.thriftstore.ca/central-ontario/donating-goods or call 519-451-0178.
If you are interested in making a corporate donation, running a clothing or food drive or donating perishable food, please contact 519-661-0343 ext. 230.
Thank you for your support!
Volunteers are the cornerstone of our work. To be a volunteer in Community and Family Services throughout the year, you must be 18 years or older, available Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 4:00pm and be willing to submit a police check.
Please note that while we appreciate your interest, due to the sheer number of requests we receive, not all inquiries or applications can be replied to.
For Group Volunteering opportunities, please contact Sheryl Rooth, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com