The Salvation Army is there to help with emergency food assistance. Every month, we see over 1,000 households accessing our Food Bank.
The Community and Family Services Food Bank is a choice model, meaning customers can shop for the food items that best fit their needs and the needs of their family.
Our Food Bank program relies on the faithful help of our volunteers and committed donors. Nine times a year families and individuals can come to Community and Family Services and choose groceries. No appointment is necessary and everyone is treated with respect, dignity, grace and compassion. Identification , proof of income and address for all household members is presented on your first visit and yearly thereafter.
Open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 – 4:30
Starting August 1, 2018: Wednesday 9:00 – 6:00pm the Second and Third Thursday of the month only!
If you would like to support us, consider becoming a donor. These are our most needed items:
- Fresh produce
- Dairy Products (eggs, butter, margarine, milk, cheese)
- Frozen Products (vegetables, fruits, meats)
- Dried beans and legumes (lentils, kidney beans, etc.)
- Brown or white rice
- Peanut Butter and spreads (low/no sugar jams, honey)
- Low sodium soup
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, turkey)
- Oatmeal (plain)
- Low sugar cereal
- Infant formula
- Diapers sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Toiletries (shampoo, tooth brushes and paste etc.) (both full size and hotel size)
- Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, Tissues
- Women’s sanitary supplies