|Flexibility in scheduling is required. The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour paid meal break. The operational hours of this facility are 24/7.
Competition# 012-2021: PT Perm: 16 hours– Saturday & Sunday – 8am-4pm
Competition# 013-2021: PT Perm: 16 hours – Saturday & Sunday – 12 midnight-8am
Competition# 014-2021: FT Perm: 40 hours – Monday to Friday – 12 midnight-8am
Competition# 015-2021: FT Perm: 40 hours – Monday to Friday – 8am-4pm
Competition# 016-2021: FT Perm: 40 hours – Monday to Friday – 4pm-12 midnight
Competition# 1014-2021: Relief: Varies – No Guaranteed Hours
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
|The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Watch/read inspiring stories from some of those who have been helped through The Salvation Army’s programs:
The Salvation Army Support
Fleeing from Persecution
Open House: Poverty isn’t always easy to see
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
|Position Purpose summary:
The Salvation Army London Centre of Hope Security staff is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment for all clients, visitors and staff. They will be responsible to appraise potential problem situations quickly and discreetly and effectively diffuse them with the least amount of disruption to the work environment. The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
1. Service Responsibilities:
- To ensure the safety and security of all clients, visitors and staff at the London Centre of Hope
- To complete all duties in accordance with the Standards and Policies & Procedures of The Salvation Army London Centre of Hope
- Participate in regular staff meetings to review operational effectiveness, changes in policies and procedures, and in-service training
- As required and is applicable, make suggestions that will improve efficiency, working conditions or procedures to the Residential Services Manager.
- Complete regular and routine checks for security and fire throughout the building , visiting each floor and department as required
- Patrol premises, on foot, looking for unusual incidents, unsecured doors, windows or any other unusual occurrence which may lead to loss or damage to property or equipment
- Ensure that only authorized persons are admitted to assigned areas of the building
- Ensure all surveillance equipment is in good working order, informing the Residential Services Manager of any concerns
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, in a polite, yet firm, manner
- Provide assistance to clients and visitors when required
- Must be familiar with emergency response policies and respond to emergency calls accordingly
- Maintain all necessary checklists such as rounds sheets, equipment inventory and DVR log
- Work cooperatively with staff from the various Centre of Hope departments to provide exemplary client service delivery
- Communicate regularly with the Residential Services Manager/Supervisor and Withdrawal Management Managers and/or Support Workers, reporting any security breaches immediately
- Communicate regularly with Community and Family Services Manager and staff while completing rounds
- Communicate regularly with Housing Stability Bank Managers and staff while completing rounds
- To promote the mission, policies and objectives of The Salvation Army
- To maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to clientele and coworkers of The Salvation Army London Centre of Hope
- Participate as an active and responsible team member in all work groups through which position responsibilities are achieved
- To treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution
- Represent the organization in a professional manner, acting in the best interest of the employer at all times
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training
2. Health and Safety
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Work closely with security, identifying any safety and security needs
- Responsible to work in compliance with the Ontario Health & Safety Acts and Regulations
- Responsible to use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by the employer
- Responsible to report workplace hazards and dangers
- Responsible to work in a manner as required by the employer and use the prescribed safety equipment
- Responsible to report workplace injuries or illness
Perform other position related duties as required.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the incumbent.
This position description will be reviewed by the employee and supervisor on a regular basis. Amendments can be made at any time at the discretion of the employer.
CRITICAL RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
Governance Boards and Councils:
MANAGERIAL/Technical Leadership RESPONSIBILITY:
- This position reports directly to the Residential Services Supervisor or designate.
- The Supervisor will set the hours of work and work schedule.
- Understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army
- Provide an original copy of a Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector screening secured through either the national Canadian Police Information Centre or through a local police detachment; Note: A satisfactory criminal background check is required
education and experience Qualifications:
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- High School diploma
- Valid Security License is required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge- ability to electronically create, upload,, file and send documents, navigate database, effectively manage email
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training
- First Aid/CPR
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements
- Exhibit strength based approach & compassionate response
- Experience working in a social services setting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage crisis situations
Skills and Capabilities:
- Good organizational skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
Normal location of work is at: 281 Wellington Street, London, ON N6B 2L4 and outreach locations.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.