The primary accountability for the Housekeeper is to keep the premises of the London Centre of Hope in a clean, safe and attractive condition.
- To complete all duties in accordance with the Standards and Policies & Procedures of The Salvation Army London Centre of Hope.
- Participate in regular staff meetings to review operational effectiveness, changes in policies and procedures, and in-service training.
- As required and as applicable, make suggestions that will improve efficiency, working conditions or procedures to the Environmental Services Director.
- Ensures that client belongings are stored, retrieved and catalogued in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure all duties assigned to shift are completed in accordance with positional task description.
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the bed bug checks are completed in conjunction with the Housekeeper Lead and complete bagging and tagging procedures where required.
- Promptly report any damage to property or equipment to the Environmental Services Director.
- Assisting in completing wellness checks as time permits.
- Responsible to follow through on all safety and security procedures (including fire) as outlined in the policy and procedures manual.
- Adhere to all applicable safety rules. Operate equipment properly and safely. In general perform all work duties in a safe manner in terms of personal and public safety (e.g. use wet floor caution signs where required).
- To promote the mission, policies and objectives of The Salvation Army.
- To maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to clientele and coworkers of The Salvation Army London Centre of Hope.
- Participate as an active and responsible team member in all work groups through which position responsibilities are achieved.
- To treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner, acting in the best interest of the employer at all times.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma.
- At least two years’ experience in a janitorial/maintenance related field.
- Demonstrates janitorial/maintenance skills at a professional level.
- Professional level of cleaning methods and procedures.
- Capable of operating mechanized cleaning and maintenance equipment (such as floor cleaner).
- Physical ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention or willingness to acquire one.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; and to deal with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
- Provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the National Canadian Policy Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment.
- May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
- Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada.
Hours per week:
As per required by the operations of The Centre of Hope. There is no minimum guaranteed hours.
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
*The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements. THIS IS A UNIONIZED ENVIRONMENT.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.